Terms and Conditions
Our registered office is at Social Shopping Online Limited, Enterprise House, Ocean Way, Ocean Village, Southampton SO14 3XB
Registered users of the Website (i.e. those persons that have created an account and registered with the Website) are collectively "Users" and individually a "User".
Please read these Terms carefully.
Your use of the Website shall be deemed your acceptance of the Terms regardless of whether or not you choose to register with us. If you do not accept the Terms, please do not use our Website.
1.1 Use of the Website (or specific parts or features of it) will also be subject to such other guidelines or rules as we may post on the Website from time to time ("Guidelines"). All such Guidelines form part of and are incorporated by reference into these Terms.
1.2 We may revise these Terms (including the Guidelines) at any time by updating or replacing them. Registered users will be notified by email of any material change to the Terms.
2.1 The Website is owned and operated by us. Except as provided in clause 2.2, the copyright and all other intellectual property rights in all material on the Website (including photographs and graphical images) are owned by us or our licensors.
2.2 Users shall retain the copyright in all materials that they from time to time post or transmit to the Website ("User-Generated Content").
By submitting the User-Generated Content you grant:
2.2.1 us an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, assignable, royalty free licence to display, reproduce, publish, use, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, edit and modify your User-Generated Content (in whole or part) by any and all means throughout the world; and
Please note that in posting User-Generated Content it will be publically available and its use by others cannot be controlled by us.
2.2.2 all other Users an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive licence to display, reproduce, use, edit or perform (if applicable) your User-Generated Content solely as necessary for such User to participate in the relevant Website activity or functionality and/or for their own private, non-commercial research or study.
2.3 All trademarks (including the Apprentice Connections logo) used on the Website are owned by us or used with permission of their owner. You may not use or reproduce any of those trademarks without our or the relevant owner's prior written agreement.
- User-Generated Content and Posting Rules
3.1 In posting material to the Website, you must comply with the Posting Rules.
3.2 You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from the Website any material that breaches the Posting Rules. Any such material is Inappropriate User-Generated Content.
3.3 Please note that we will co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose or identify or locate anyone posting any Inappropriate User-Generated Content.
3.4 All forums on the Website are moderated and we may, in our absolute discretion remove or edit any User-Generated Content without liability to any User. User posts will not go live on the Website until they have been moderated.
3.5 You may only use or reproduce User-Generated Content posted by a User for criticism, comment or review (for example, in the context of responding to comments posted on the Website) and/or for your own private, non-commercial research or study.
3.6 We shall not have any liability to you or any other person for any loss or damage suffered as a result of you or that person relying on or acting upon the content of any User-Generated Content such as any instructions contained in that User-Generated Content.
3.7 You must ensure that you retain a copy of all User-Generated Content posted to or transmitted via the Website and we shall have no liability to you in the event of the loss or corruption of that User Generated Content or if User-Generated Content transmitted via the Website does not for any reason reach the intended recipient.
3.8 You agree not, at any time, to disclose any personal contact information of any User.
- Prohibited use of the website
4.1 No part of the Website may be reproduced or stored in any other website or included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service without our prior written consent.
4.2 You agree that you will not:
4.2.1 use the Website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms;
4.2.2 use the Website in such a manner as would, in our sole discretion, cause harm to the Website or Users or otherwise interfere with the enjoyment of the Website by others;
4.2.3 attempt to gain access to the Website or any part of it or to any User data through hacking, password mining or any other means; or
4.2.4 interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website.
- Applications made through the Website
Please note that where the Website allows a User to make an application for a course, apprenticeship and/or job, that application may be made by the User either:
5.1 uploading their CV or an application form from the Website to the relevant course provider or employer (or an agent acting for that course provider/employer); or
5.2 by electing to have their CV or an application form completed on the Website submitted via the Website to the relevant course provider or employer (or an agent acting for that course provider/employer)
and that in each case, the User will be transferring personal information to the relevant course provider or employer (or an agent acting for that course provider/employer).
Alternatively, a User may make an application for a course, apprenticeship and/or job directly to the relevant course provider or employer (or an agent acting for that course provider/employer), through a separately hosted website, in which case, the User will leave the Website and will be required to submit personal information to the relevant third party.
- Links to and from other websites
6.2 If you would like to link to the Website, you may only do so on the basis that you link to, but do not replicate, any page of the Website, and subject to the following conditions:
6.2.1 you do not remove, distort or otherwise alter the size or appearance of the Apprentice Connections logo;
6.2.2 you do not in any way imply that we are endorsing any products or services other than our own;
6.2.3 you do not misrepresent your relationship with us nor present any other false information about us;
6.2.4 you do not otherwise use the Apprentice Connections logo displayed on the Website without our express written permission;
6.2.5 you do not link from a website that you do not have the necessary authority or permission to link from; and
6.2.6 the website you are linking from does not contain content that is distasteful, offensive or controversial, infringes any of our or anyone else's intellectual property or other rights or otherwise does not comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
6.3 We reserve the right to revoke the right granted in clause 6.2 for breach of the Terms and to take any action we deems appropriate.
7.1 Anyone may view the Website but certain areas of the Website and/or features are only available to Registered Users. Only persons aged 13 and over may register as a User.
7.2 Each registration is for a single User only. Following registration, you must not share your password with any other person.
7.3 We reserve the right, in our absolute discretion and without liability to the applicable User, to suspend, impose restrictions on and/or terminate a User's account and access to the Website as a registered user.
- Service access
8.1 While we endeavour to ensure that the Website is normally available 24 hours a day, we shall not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
8.2 Access to the Website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond our control.
- Disclaimer and Liability
9.1 We do not warrant the accuracy and completeness of any of the content of the Website and any and all such content may be changed at any time without notice. Please note that material on the Website may be out of date, and we make no commitment to update such material.
9.2 The content of the Website is provided "as is", without any conditions, warranties or other terms of any kind. Accordingly, to the maximum extent permitted by law, all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms (including conditions implied by law) which, but for these Terms, might have effect in relation to the Website and its content are expressly excluded. Specifically, we do not represent or warrant that the Website or its content will be free of defects, including viruses or other harmful elements.
9.3 We, any other party (whether or not involved in creating, producing, maintaining or delivering the Website and/or its moderation), and our group companies and the officers, directors, employees, shareholders or agents of any of them, exclude all liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party (including any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss or damages, or any loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, use of money, or loss or damages arising from or connected in any way to business interruption, and whether in tort (including negligence), contract or otherwise) in connection with the Website in any way or in connection with the use, inability to use or the results of use of the Website, any websites linked to the Website or the material on such websites, including loss or damage due to viruses that may infect your computer equipment, software, data or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing the Website or your downloading of any material from the Website or any websites linked to the Website.
9.4 Nothing in these Terms shall exclude or limit our liability for:
9.4.1 death or personal injury; or
9.4.2 fraud; or
9.4.3 misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter; or
9.4.4 any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
9.5 If your use of the Website and/or any material on the Website results in the need for servicing, repair or correction of equipment, software or data, you shall be solely responsible for all costs of the same. Apprentice Connections asks it's advertisers, contributors, and partners to abide by the equality act of 2010. Apprentice Connections cannot be held responsible for any content that breaches that act.
The words "include", "including", "such as" and "for example" shall not have a restrictive meaning and shall be read as if followed by the words "but without limitation".
- Contacting Us
If you have any questions about the Terms and/or how they apply to you, please email: email@example.com.
Without limiting any of our rights or remedies, you agree to indemnify us for any loss or damage that may be incurred by us, including legal fees, arising from your use of the Website, the posting of any material to the Website or its transmission via the Website, your linking to the Website, your breach of any provision of the Terms, your use of any information obtained through the Website and/or otherwise as a result of you accessing the Website or any third party content accessed via any link from the Website.
If any provision of the Terms shall be held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be illegal, unenforceable, or in conflict with any relevant law, the remaining provisions shall still remain valid and continue in full force and effect.
- Governing law and jurisdiction
These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law. Disputes arising in connection with these Terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
We encourage open dialogue and debate on the Website.
In these rules, "we" are Social Shopping Online Limited.
Please note that these rules apply to rich media submissions such as images, video and audio clips, as well as content associated with you such as avatar images.
- Post in the correct forum and stay on topic – we may move a post to another topic or thread if we feel it is more appropriate.
- Please post in the English language unless in an area of the Website where it is acceptable to do otherwise. Outside these areas always provide a translation.
- No text speak.
- Do not swear in posts or post images, links or attachments that contain swearing.
- No advertising or inappropriate links
Including a link to another site or resource within a post is fine as long as it is within the context of the relevant discussion
- Do not link to other sites or products for advertising purposes.
- Do not post links containing referral or affiliate Ids.
- Do not promote pyramid schemes or other Internet scams.
- Do not link to torrent sites, pirate sites, hacker lounges or sites that host unlicensed copyright material or promote or provide an index of links for places that do. Do not ask for links to illegal downloads.
- Do not link to sites that contain any form of pornography, swearing or items otherwise unsuitable for the underage Users.
- No personal attacks, bullying, harassment, inflammatory behaviour or defamatory/infringing statements
Please ensure that all statements and information in your posts are accurate.
- Personal attacks, bullying, harassment and inflammatory behaviour will not be tolerated in any area of the Website nor will posting inflammatory material specifically to provoke a negative response from someone.
- No User may post any content that contains - racist, sexist, homophobic, bigoted, pornographic, or otherwise offensive material.
- Whilst discussion of certain social and political issues may legitimately require the use of sensitive or potentially offensive terms, outside of those limited contexts the use of such terms is not allowed on the Website.
- We do not expect all Users to agree with all posts made by us or other Users but do require Users to show respect and sensitivity to the beliefs and views of others.
- You must not post any material which is not owned by you or for which you have not obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals or, in the case of material that reproduces extracts from any existing third party material (for example, quotes from a book) is not properly credited to the original creator/author.
- You must not post any material that infringes any third party rights, is in contempt of court or is defamatory of any person - if in doubt please do not post.
- Take care of your own privacy and respect the privacy of other users
- Please remember that material posted on the Website is generally available, may remain on the Website long after you have ceased to be an active User of the Website and may be viewed by the people considering applications that you make for courses, apprenticeships and/or jobs.
- For your own safety, please do not include any contact information (such as your email address or mobile phone number) in your posts but please remember that, as you post using your real name, it may be possible to identify you via your activity on other social media sites.
- Where a User has posted anonymously, please respect their anonymity and, if known to you, do not disclose their identity.
- Do not include information relating to any other User or their contact details in your posts.
- Do not condone or encourage any illegal activity
- Moderation of Posts
All forums are moderated so your post will only appear in a forum once it has been reviewed by a moderator.
We reserve the right, in our absolute discretion and without liability to you to:
The moderating of posts does not relieve you of your responsibility for the content of the post.
- refuse to allow a post to be included in a forum;
- to edit and/or delete material from posts at any time; and/or
- to remove posts from the Website at any time.
We may close a forum at any time.
- Breach of the Posting Rules
Any failure to comply with these Posting Rules will be a breach and we reserve the right to, as we may determine in our discretion and without liability to you:
Our decision is final and we will not enter into any correspondence with you.
- to edit or delete the material posted; and/or
- to suspend, impose restrictions on and/or terminate your account and access to the Website as a registered user.
- Cheating – Cheating will not be tolerated so, for example, plagiarism (copying the work of another person) or any attempt to ask for information about an exam you have not taken yet, will result in your account being terminated. Where appropriate, we will pass your details to the relevant examination board.
- Contacting Us