Apprenticeship Funding Explained

If your child is accepted as an apprentice, they should not incur any personal training costs. In addition, they should be paid at least the apprentice minimum wage by their employer (and many employers will pay more than this to attract the best apprentices).

Your child's employer will need to pay the apprentice tuition fees - they may do this in one of two ways:

If their wage bill exceeds £3 million per year, they will pay an 'Apprenticeship Levy' of 0.5% of their annual wage bill, and your child's tuition costs will be paid out of this levy.
If their wage bill is less than £3 million per year and the company has over 150 employees, your child's employer will need to pay 10% of your child's tuition costs and the Government will pay the remaining 90%.
If their wage bill is less than £3 million per year and the company has 150 or fewer employees, the Government will pay 100% of the tuition costs.

If your child is aged between 16 and18 when they begin their apprenticeship, and they are newly recruited to their employer, their employer can apply for a bonus cash incentive of £1000.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website