Apprenticeship Funding Explained

At Apprentice Connections we can help you access Government funding to enroll your existing staff onto apprenticeship courses or expand your workforce through apprentice recruitment. If your annual wage bill is over £3million, the cost of training will be funded by the funds in your Apprenticeship Service account. Find out more about paying for apprentice training using your Apprenticeship Levy.

If your annual wage bill does not exceed £3million, the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) provide 90-100% funding for the cost of training, subject to the size of your business.

HOW DO I KNOW IF MY BUSINESS IS ELIGIBLE FOR 100% FUNDING?

  • If your annual wage bill is less than £3million and you have less than 50 employees you will be eligible for 100% funding for individuals aged 16-18 and 90% for individuals aged 19+, you will be required to fund the remaining 10%.
  • If your annual wage bill is less than £3million and you have more than 50 employees you will be eligible for 90% funding for individuals aged 16+, you will be required to contribute the remaining 10%.

A £1,000 cash incentive is also available to all employers with any turnover size if a newly recruited apprentice is aged 16-18.

The cash incentive is a government payment administered by the ESFA. It has a value of £1,000 per apprentice and can be awarded to an employer for every apprentice aged 16-18 that is enrolled. There is currently no maximum number of incentive payments that can be rewarded and for each eligible apprentice, the sum is paid in two instalments of £500; the first after the third month of learning, and the final after month 12.

Depending on your location, there may be additional regional grants available from your local council or other sources. We can discuss the eligibility criteria and timelines with you in more detail prior to your apprentice’s enrolment. Please contact us via our contact us page.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website